Posted March 2nd, 2017
Reports to Executive Board
Established in 1997, the Fraser Valley Estate Planning Council (FVEPC) consists of more than 60 members including lawyers, accountants, chartered life underwriters, bankers, trust administrators, gift planners and financial advisors.
The Council provides a forum for and promotes communication among professionals engaged in estate planning and estate administration and may provide educational credits to members where approved.
Member luncheon professional development meetings are held on the third Tuesday of the month five times a year and Board meetings are held in the evening on the first Tuesday of the month five times a year.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting planning (assist in preparation of budgets with treasurer, negotiate catering contracts, coordinate speakers, etc.).
- Assist with preparation of meeting agenda.
- Meeting management – onsite to manage all aspects of the meetings.
- Organize and handle all activities and calls of the Board and their committees.
- Handle meeting marketing activities – LinkedIn, Eventbrite, etc.
- Handle the Member directory – track and document any changes or edits.
- Be the point person for member inquiries.
- Assist in collection of dues from members and guest fees.
- Assist with the recruitment of new members.
- Drafting correspondence including invitations, emails, minutes and promotions.
- Keep all Association documents safe/confidential and organized.
- Equipment required: Laptop and printer scanner
- Experience in meeting planning.
- Experience in marketing activities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Must be proficient in WordPress and updating websites.
- Must be proficient in PayPal invoicing and able to reconcile accounts.
- Must be proficient in setting up audio and visual components for presentations.
- Must be proficient in desktop publishing and creating graphics and marketing materials.
Administrator must be able to travel locally and carry equipment to FVEPC meetings. The position requires an individual who is a self-starter and can work independently out of an office in their home as a self-employed contractor. Would be suitable for someone with experience working in an accounting or law office or a bank or an insurance or financial services office.
10 to 12 hours per meeting month
$25 to $30 per hour
Respond with Cover Letter, Resume and References by March 31 to:
T. Britnell: moc.s1709088117adh@b1709088117rt1709088117