Membership Fee Information
Membership is from September – August and includes five meetings.
Regular Fee: $285
(Fill out and submit to Coordinator @ FVEPC.com)
Nov – Aug: $246
Jan – Aug: $189
Mar – Aug: $132
May – Aug: $75
Estate Planners and Guests invited by FVEPC members – Guest Fee is $75 per dinner meeting. Guest Fees can be paid online by clicking here
Guests may attend one meeting, then must apply for membership.
Individuals are invited to join The Fraser Valley Estate Planning Council and attend dinner meetings to be held five times each year.
The Council will:
- Provide a forum for, and promote communication among, professionals engaged in the planning and administration of estates and planned gifts;
- Offer educational seminars that enhance the professional development of the members;
- Encourage mutual understanding among members of the function of each profession represented in Council membership;
- Review existing laws and regulations and draft new ones affecting the planning and administration of estates and planned gifts and present the position of the membership of the Council to the appropriate authorities;
- Increase awareness and understanding of the mandate of the Council among potential members, clients of members, other professional associations, and the general public.
We hope you will consider joining us and enjoying the benefits of being a member of The Fraser Valley Estate Planning Council. Membership is open to individuals who meet the membership criteria.
(excerpt from Articles of Association)
Article III MEMBERSHIP
Membership in The Fraser Valley Estate Planning Council is open to individuals who conduct their business or have their residence located in the Fraser Valley and who are:
- Members of the British Columbia Bar holding a current practice certificate from the Law Society of British Columbia
- Members of the Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia
- Trust or Estate executives or administrators of financial institutions
- Members of the Society of Notary Publics B.C.
- Members of the Advocis:
a. Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
b. Certified Health Insurance Specialist (CHS)
- Financial Planners with one of the following professional designations:
a. Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
b. Registered Financial Per (RFP)
c. Certified Investment Manager (CIM)
d. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Portfolio Managers licensed with the British Columbia Securities Commission
- Fellows of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries
- Academics with relevant expertise representing British Columbia post-secondary institutions
- Others who, although they do not meet the criteria for any other category of membership, are deemed by the Executive Committee to have qualifications, knowledge or experience that will advance the purposes of the Council
- Honorary or Life Members elected by the membership of the council using criteria established by the Executive Committee